Feng shui is an ancient art and science that was developed over 3,000 years ago in China. The literal translation of “feng” means wind and “shui” means water. In Chinese culture, wind and water are both associated with good health. Thus, feng shui came to mean good fortune.
What are feng shui rules?
Read on for five feng shui rules that should never be broken!
- Be organized and tidy. This is first on the list for a reason!
- Keep your bed away from the window. Feng shui is very strict about this rule!
- Separate work and rest areas.
- Use the Bagua Map properly.
- Know your colors.
Do and don’ts in feng shui?
The Dos and Don’ts to Feng Shui Your Bedroom
- Do Use Soothing Colors.
- Don’t Bring Electronics In.
- Do Place Your Bed Correctly.
- Don’t Decorate with Mirrors, Water, or Plants.
- Do Have Plenty of Light and Air.
- Don’t Keep Doors Open at Night.
- Other Feng Shui Bedroom Tips:
Is feng shui Chinese or Japanese?
Feng Shui (or Fu-Sui / 風水 in Japanese) is an ancient Chinese system of laws considered to govern spatial arrangements and orientation to best take advantage of energy flows to benefit business affairs of occupants in a structure.