How do you make Jamie Oliver creme brulee?
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC/gas 2.
- Place the cream and milk in a small pan.
- Beat together the egg yolks and sugar.
- Discard the vanilla pod from the cream mixture, then slowly pour it into the yolk mixture, stirring well to combine.
- Pour the custard into 6 x 100ml ovenproof dishes, ramekins or teacups.
Should creme brulee be firm or soft?
The final texture of crème brûlée is soft-set, similar to the texture of Greek yogurt, not a firm custard like flan. Maintaining gentle cooking can make or break crème brûlée.
Which sugar is best for creme brulee?
For the caramelized sugar crust, we recommend turbinado or Demerara sugar. Regular granulated sugar will work, too, but use only 1 scant teaspoon on each ramekin or 1 teaspoon on each shallow fluted dish.