- pumpkin seeds, 30g (156mg)
- chia seeds, 30 g (111mg)
- almonds, 30g (80mg of magnesium)
- spinach, boiled, ½ cup (78mg)
- cashews, 30g (74mg)
- peanuts, ¼ cup (63mg)
- soymilk, 1 cup (61mg)
- oatmeal, 1 cup cooked (6 mg)
What is magnesium therapy used for?
Magnesium, given in the hospital by IV, is the treatment of choice to prevent or treat seizures associated with eclampsia or to prevent complications from preeclampsia. Some physicians also use magnesium sulfate to manage pre-term labor.
What fruit is highest in magnesium?
Fruits high in magnesium include dried figs, avocados, guavas, bananas, kiwi fruit, papayas, blackberries, raspberries, cantaloupes, and grapefruit. The daily value (DV) for magnesium 420mg per day.
How can I raise my magnesium levels quickly?
- Increase magnesium-rich foods in your diet.
- Add an extra magnesium supplement.
- Take a daily multivitamin to supply the co-factors for magnesium utilisation and absorption.
- Keep alcohol, fizzy drinks and caffeine to a minimum.
- Include sea vegetables as part of a balanced diet.