When should I prune my Hydrangea paniculata?
Most pruning is carried out in late winter or early spring. However, the climbing hydrangea is pruned after flowering in summer.
What is the best Hydrangea paniculata?
- Huge cream flowerheads of hydrangea ‘Phantom’
- Pink-white blooms of hydrangea ‘Sundae Fraise’
- Pink hydrangea ‘Kolmavesu’
- White hydrangea ‘Great Star’
- White hydrangea ‘Pink Diamond’
- Cream-green hydrangea ‘Savill Lace’
- Limelight hydrangea. Getty Images.
- White-blooming hydrangea ‘Green Spire’ pruned as multi-stem tree-form.
How fast do Hydrangea paniculata grow?
It is fast growing (up to 3 feet (90 cm) of new growth per season) and the wild-type species can reach an height of 16 feet (5 m).